Proverb 17:15,He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord.
It is difficult for me to understand why Mr. Eric Nelson, attorney for Mr. Derek Chauvin, the killer of George Floyd, is filing for a mistrial. This is crazy right? As I am looking back at the news articles around this case I am stunned at the arguments his attorney has come up. Below is a list of the reasons he is filing for a mistrial, according to NBC News, May 4, 2021 by Doha Madani and Tim Fitzsimons
1) The court failed to sequester the jurors to "admonish them to avoid all media"
2) It was said the jurors were subjected to prejudicial publicity but also to "juror intimidation or potential fear of retribution"
3) It was stated also that the Minnesota prosecutors of committing "pervasive, prejudicial prosecutorial misconduct" that also affected Chauvin's right to receive a fair trial.
4) The filing also requested "to impeach the verdict" on "the grounds that the jury committed misconduct, felt threatened or intimidated, felt race-based pressure during the proceedings, and/or failed to adhere to instructions during deliberations.
5) The motion alleges the court abused its discretion by denying the requests for a change in venue and a new trial.
The court has already rejected many of these arguments and the State will vigorously oppose the, "John Stiles, deputy chief of staff for Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, said in a statement.
In total, the motion alleges eight abuses of discretion by the court.
The jury found Chauvin guilty of second-and third-degree murder, as well as second-degree manslaughter, in Floyd's death in May 2020.
This is how so many guilty people who have money get away with their crimes. It is not a matter of law or justice, it more a matter of money.